Following the easing of restrictions surrounding Covid-19 the Ringing Centre have been offering “Recovery & Refresher Sessions” for those who were concerned about returning to ringing after a long break. These sessions covered everything from basic handling to refresher sessions on simple method ringing and everything in between. Ringers were given one-to-one tuition in any aspect requested. Following on from this we are still able to offer help to anyone wishing to take advantage of the Centre’s facilities but we are no longer planning sessions in advance. However, anyone who has access to this information is invited to contact us to ask for specific help and is invited to complete the form below. Please complete all details and ‘submit’ the form, I shall then contact you to make arrangements to meet your specific requirements.
If you are a ringer who is already confident about ringing but would like to offer your support as a helper please contact me separately!
We have taken measures to increase ventilation during ringing and will keep the numbers in the ringing chamber to no more than 10 people, there will be safe havens for others to sit or study theory information whilst waiting.
Involvement in sessions at the Centre is dependent upon some Covid-19 safety measures being adhered to.
- All adults taking part must be able to prove they have been double vaccinated or have proof of a negative Rapid Antigen Test within 48 hours of any attendance.
- All must wear a suitable face covering if requested; for example when assisting a beginner with handling, ‘standing behind’ to aid an inexperienced ringer, or ringing in the same band as a junior (less than 18 years old) ringer.
- All must sanitise hands on arrival and during ringing sessions before handling ropes or moving to another rope.
- You should not attend if you have Covid symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms in the 7 days prior to a training session.
- Please show agreement to these requirements in the application form below.